we are going to try this recipe on friday:
DINNER IN A PUMPKIN
Printed from COOKS.COM
2 med. size New Zealand pumpkins
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 round onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 1/2 lb. ground beef, turkey or chicken
1 lg. can sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 tbsp. shoyu
2 tbsp. brown or raw sugar
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, chopped
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash pumpkins; cut a round hole on top of each pumpkin and use as a cover while baking. Remove seeds and pulp. Set pumpkins aside.
Saute onion, celery and garlic in oil; add ground meat and brown well. Drain excess fat. Add mushrooms, soup, shoyu and sugar. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and cooked rice. Spoon half of mixture in one pumpkin shell and the other half in second pumpkin shell. Place on baking sheet and bake 1 hour or until pumpkin meat is fork tender. Remove and serve hot, scooping out filling as well as pumpkin meat.
hopefully it will help to create a spooky night...
here are some pics of a party we went to this last weekend!
Angie tagged me and i have never done this...but here are the rules...
1) Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Write six random things about yourself.
4) Tag six people at the end of your post.
5) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I have never been stung by a bee...i still hate them, but i hate yet to have a reason.
2. I really hate hamburger. my parents say that when i was little i found a blue piece of the burg and flipped out. their explanation was that the ink that they package the meat with can sometimes get in the meat...i still to this day do not eat hamburger.
3. I have never in my life been toilet papering. lame. i know.
4. I used to sleepwalk and talk when i was younger. i probably still do. after sleepovers with friends we would always laugh at the crazy things i said.
5. I always said that i would be the last of my friends to get married. i thought i would be 30! guess that didn't happen...found the love of my life too quickly.
6. I could take 10 baths a day. it's my favorite.
i tag sarah finch, heather marchbanks, jessica fazzini, jessie huish, emily nielsen, and chelsea peterson.
let me know when your done...i wanna partake!
can't believe it has been almost a month since i have posted. I hate those kind of people (whom i love to follow) who don't update their blogs more often...and i am now one of them!! ahhh!! life has been good and crazy...i try to balance school with a day off on saturday...my saturdays have consisted of going up to gardner village to see the witches with my mom and stacie (her best friend), going to sundance for a good shopping trip with the jessie and our boys and seeing ashley edgar from chicago in salt lake, eating at red iguana (which by the way gave me the flu!!) and many other things....saturdays are my saving grace. I got some new specs...i am driving in the pic, so i look a little frightened, i suppose i always feel that way while driving. if anyone wants to entertain me on a saturday i would love to hear from you!! love love love