smelly goody linens


I love love love lavender...lavender oil, soap, gum, you name it!! It is also known for its sleepy powers. I spray this on my sheets before bed.

recipe for loveliness:
half teaspoon lavender essential oil
3-5 drops peppermint, spearmint, or rosemary essential oil (optional)
1 oz vodka
1 and 1/2 cups of distilled water (from the drug store)

Sterilize a glass container (a big pasta sauce jar would work well) pouring some boiling water into it and leaving it for a few minutes then:
Mix the essential oils and booze together in the jar, shaking them like it ain't no thang!!
Add the water and shake some more

when you're ready to use it you can either decant it into a plastic spray bottle or (more satisfyingly) flick it onto your linens with your fingers. The mixture will cloud over time and eventually seperate, hence the slightly smaller batch size.



I love this and hope that you all love it too!! sweet dreams!

1 Comment:

  1. Rowley's said...
    Hey Emily, I saw your blog address on facebook. You're a domestic goddess! Josh is one lucky man! You're welcome to check out my blog, but you won't find anything useful there.
    (rowleyfamily9.blogspot) My life consist of chasing kids, spit up and sleep deprivation! I can't complain, I love it! But not a interesting as the wife of a rock star!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home